- President Joseph F. Smith stated, "Through our efforts in their behalf their chains of bondage will fall from them, and the darkness surrounding them will clear away,..they shall hear ..of the work that has been done form the...and will rejoice with you in your performance of these duties."
- And President Monson stated, "As you and I go to the holy houses of God, as we remember the covenants we make within, we will be more able to bear every trial and to overcome each temptation. In this sacred sanctuary we will find peace; we will be renewed and fortitied."
Oh, what a fun time I had tonight working on family history. All day I worried about what would I do. I thought I would just drudge through my stuff and see if all my previous work had been done. Well I started with a small pile of sealings that needed to be completed. I figured I would check to see if they had already been completed. The first person I checked had been completely deleted!!! Someone had decided he didn't exist at all!!! What!?!? I quickly checked his 2 brothers and 2 sisters. They were all still there. Why did this person delete my poor Ray Smith? Of course, it wasn't even an unusual name that I could go hunting in census records, his dad's name being George and his mom's name being Martha. I said a prayer and continued to try and find the census records. I found two census records, an obituary, and a cemetery record for Ray. I tried calling a few of the family history consultants in my ward to try and figure out how to revive my poor deleted Ray. No one answered, and I eventually figured out on my own. Then I reviewed 4 little blue and pink papers. They were all 4 siblings waiting for Ray's dad, George, to have his endowment completed, so he can be sealed to his wife Martha (whose work I completed years ago). When George is done, all the kids can be sealed to their parents. Yay, a miracle!!!
Weirdly, one of the daughters was already sealed to her parents, who aren't sealed together yet. I have found this to be the case quite a bit. They don't re-seal people who were sealed in the wrong order, they just figure it out in Heaven.
Miracle: Not only did I have time to study while I took a 1 hour bike ride, but I also cleaned my fridge. Who knew I would have time to do that? I might be getting overly ambitious.
Miracle: Yesterday I set my alarm for noon. When it went off, I had no idea why. Scary right!?! Well today, when it went off again, and I still couldn't remember from yesterday, so I used it as a reminder to pay my bills since we got paid a couple of days ago. So this little miracle isn't actually a miracle of my 21 day challenge, but since I have your rapt attention....let me remind you of the miracle of tithing. Yesterday I got some milk at CVS (the closest "grocery" store). I saw the ATM machine and thought, yes, I am going to get my tithing out right away. I like to always pay my tithing in cash. If it sits too long in my bank account, sometimes it disappears. Paying my bills was a breeze today. You know that warm, fuzzy (obviously the Spirit) feeling you get when you know you are being blessed? That is the feeling I got today after paying the bills. I love paying tithing. I don't always have such a great time paying my bills, even when tithing is the first thing to come out. But He knows this is a tough month with the last of my student loans dwindling.
Quick, change of subject....My mode of studying is to read about the type of drugs (today is HIV and vaccinations) twice, then to listen to a lecture review. I finished the reading about HIV and then thought it would be a grand idea to ride my bike while I listened to the lecture. See the picture below for the ragged mess that I was when I got home. hahah. Please don't tell anyone how ugly I can really get.


No comments:
Post a Comment