Friday, June 26, 2015

21 Day Challenge - Day 13: It's a......girl?

Tonight I was working on the same lost brother.  I found that he was already in the system under another set of similar parents.  It is going to be a little while before I can sort through and figure out if his parents are actually tied to the same parents (aka the same parents) that I have information about.  However, what I did find that, while he is in the system and already sealed to his wife and one child, he did not have his other daughter in the system.  It was with great pleasure that I added the little girl to his family.  When I pushed the button to request the temple work to be completed, I was SURE it was going to say again...."possible duplicates."  But it didn't this time.  Yay, I feel like I have accomplished something again.

On another front, I took out my patriarchal blessing tonight.  Since I read Paul's mother's blessing recently it gave me the desire to read mine again.  I haven't read it in a while.  It talks about my education.  It talks about how I will share the riches of the gospel with others in this life.  We are so blessed to have these wonderful documents in our lives.

A funny event took place today.  I went home teaching with Paul today.  I have been trying to call this woman for 3 months.  She NEVER returns my calls.  One time I even left her a message stating that I was worried about her because she never called me back.  Finally, I gave up.  I knew it was her phone because the message said her name in her voice.  Today when we were meeting with her, I asked her why she never returned my phone calls.  She said she never got any messages from me.  In fact, she never got messages from any one.  Come to find out, 8 months ago when she got a new phone, the ability to retrieve her messages was shut off.  SHE HAS 8 MONTHS WORTH OF MESSAGES on her phone that she cannot retrieve.  She had no idea that people were calling her and leaving her messages.  All this time I thought she was mad at me.  So funny.

Miracle:  Last Sunday when we were driving home we were stopped at a light.  When the light turned green we were pulling forward.  I saw that a car was not stopping and was going to fly through the intersection.  I yelled "stop" at the top of my lungs.  The driver stopped.  It would have been a tragic day.  I know that the Lord was involved in saving us.  It has been hard to express how I felt about the whole event.

Today is Andie's last day with us.  We took several selfies throughout the day.  My favorite one is the one with the people at the Enterprise Rent-a-Car who were having so much fun with us and our selfie stick!  See below...


No comments:

Post a Comment