Thursday, June 25, 2015

21 Day Challenge - Day 12: The Temple

Recently the bishop read a letter in ward council stating that there will no longer be sealing assignments given to the wards but that the wards will be responsible for getting the members to the temple.  As the leaders of each organization, we were supposed to come up with events for our organizations that involved the temple.  After a couple of meetings, the bishop turned to me and asked what I had planned.  I hadn't done anything.  I was quite embarrassed and by the next meeting had our first RS temple activity planned.  It was attended by me and Nancy (the first counselor in the RS presidency).


So I asked around the Sisters asking if maybe we should try to do it on a weeknight instead of a Saturday.  Maybe more sisters would be able to attend.  Yes, they said, that would work better.  I also thought that maybe we would give much more attention and advertising to the second event.  

Tonight we had our second RS temple event.  Thursday evening.  It was me and Erin (the second counselor in the RS presidency). 


AND this is the other group that also went.  Yay, we had a total of 8 sisters who attended.  I am so excited.  I hope they don't mind that I posted their picture on my blog =). Funny, we never crossed paths inside the temple.  Too bad I missed them.  I would have loved to be in this group picture!

Tonight was wonderful.  It has been at least 5 years since I have done initiatories at the temple.  The blessings that are pronounced in the initiatory are so beautiful and profound.  I forgot how much I need those blessings on a daily basis, particularly while I am in school and preparing to take my boards.  After we did a set of initiatories, Erin and I went to to sealings.  I think I have mentioned before that sealings really are my favorite part of temple work.  The are the culmination of the work we do.  It is the final moment when we allow families to accept the plan to be together forever.  Tonight I was able to be proxy for at least Scandinavian 15 daughters to be sealed to their parents.  Five of them were sisters in one family.  It was beautiful.  I could imagine them as they were finally able to realize their dream of being together.  

I love this work. I love the temple.  I love the plan of salvation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment