Sunday, June 14, 2015

21 Day Challenge - Day 1: Let's get started

Today I was preparing for Relief Society early in the morning.  I started by reading the lesson.  I looked at my calendar and thought, oh, cool, Lesson 13 on the 13th.  The lesson was all about temple work.  It was a great lesson.  Since we don't have a chorister right now, I pulled out the hymn book and looked for just the right songs to sing.  I paused as I read the title to "Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice," then quickly went on to pick two other hymns that went with temple work.  I turned on the television to the BYU channel to listen while I continued to get ready for the day.  There was a BYU women's conference address by Elder Nelson's wife, Wendy Nelson.

(http://www.byutv.org/watch/60960c78-e80f-4459-a4d9-cf26ad573401/byu-womens-conference-wendy-watson-nelson-2015).

It was all about temple work and family history.  In this talk, she presents a 21 day challenge.  We are able to call upon the angels of heaven to help reduce the stress in our lives.  As counterintuitive as it may sound, she invites the sisters "to make a sacrifice of time to the Lord by increasing their time in Family history and temple work for the next 21 days."  I am accepting this challenge.

I am a little stressed out.  I have my national and state board exams coming up.  I feel the time closing in.  I feel like my time is too short, but I must get it done.  I cannot delay.  On this blog, I am hopeful to record the blessings and miracles that occur during these 21 days as I give a little time every day to the Lord for family history and temple work.

Oh, and I am sure you noticed....today is the 14th, not the 13th.  The lesson was lesson #11.  I caught it in time.  It was on the modern day prophets.  Miracle #1, I was prompted to notice that today was actually the 14th, able to read the lesson on time, change the hymns to "Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice" and "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet," actually get the box of family history stuff out of the garage by myself (in my church clothes), and get started.

My goals....
1) to have angels accompany me not only in my family history journey, but also throughout the day as I study for my boards and in my other callings;
2) to finish the Zahniser family history book that I started 8 years ago but didn't finish;
3) inspire other to join me in the challenge;
4) recognize and record the miracles and blessings that happen on a daily basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment