Sunday, July 25, 2010
Taxes, ugh!
I love the thought of refinancing my house. Our mortgage company called and asked if we would like to try and refinance. It was great. When we went in for the interview, I let them know that I was behind in property taxes, and they said that wouldn't be a problem, they can just roll them into the new loan and the new mortgage had an escrow, so we would be paying taxes the easy way, monthly. Whew, I thought my problems were now over. Everything was done, everything was approved, until the broker called and let me know that we had to be current on our taxes. Crap! Looking through my records, it appeared that we owed $2,850. Luckily, Paul had money stashed away, and with great dismay, he cut me a check for $2,850. As I was driving to the county office to pay this amount, I realized that I hadn't calculated in the late fees of about $310. Well, I thought, I can cover that, I will just use my quarters in my jar to buy gas, and we can eat skimpily these next two weeks. When I arrived at the counter, ready to get my finances squared away, they mentioned that the cut off date was June 30 (about 20 days ago) and I now needed to pay the next tax installment. My total due was $5,103. I told the lady that my husband was going to divorce me over this. I skulked away into a corner and called Paul. I let him know that this really might be the time to cut his losses and divorce me. He calmly said it would be way cheaper to pay the taxes than to divorce me, and that he would get me the money. Woo hoo! When I relayed that to the lady behind the desk, she said I was her customer of the day and that she loved my husband. Awesome! So my taxes are paid. I am "mud" in the eyes of my husband. My refinance will go through. Where is the ice cream?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment