Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Oh Man

Yesterday there were two more burglaries in our neighborhood.  Too bad my security alarm doesn't get installed until Friday.  So these guys knock on the doors and if no one answers, they break in.  However, yesterday, the person didn't answer the door because they didn't recognize who it was. And the burglars proceeded to enter.  When they realized there was someone home, they fled the scene.  At the other place they just took stuff like TVs and jewelry, etc.

The question is this.  If I don't answer the door, do I risk someone breaking into my house and me coming face to face with a burglar?  If I do answer the door, will I come face to face with a burglar?  What if the burglars decide to be bold and try to push past me, or worse, try to do me harm?  What is the best plan of action?

I have decided that if someone knocks, I will go to the door and tell them to go away and that I am calling the police (which I will do immediately).  Then I will get my gun and sit in a spot where I can shoot them if they are bold enough to come inside.  Just and FYI, my gun is loaded. . . right beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment