Newest officer!
My son, Chris, graduated from the CHP academy. It is an interesting set of feelings that I have. I didn't want him to go into the CHP because I wanted him to get his bachelor's degree before he did that. But after going to the orientation, watching him go throughout the training, and then finally his graduation, I must say that I am super proud of him. Weird. I don't want to be boastful. He didn't graduate top of his class or anything, but he finished respectably. But most of all, he finished it. I know it is a grueling 6 months, and about forty percent of his class didn't get through. So he is now part of an elite team of law enforcement.
One of my new favorite tv shows is called Rookie Blue. It is about a group of cadets who graduate from a police academy and then start out in the real world. So it is kind of like watching Chris on tv. Haha. It is my best friend's (after Paul) favorite show too, for exactly the same reason.
Way to go Chris!!!!
4 days in a row
Today is Brady's birthday. He is two years old. He was born in Sacramento but moved shortly after his birth. I have gotten to visit with him a couple of times but he doesn't know me. He is a cutie and actually looks like he could be three years old. He grew up quickly because time flies. Tomorrow is Amber's birthday. I miss my sweet girl.
The Wall
I think everyone has hit them. They are the walls that we hit when we want to accomplish something. Usually they are walls that we place on ourselves. It's like when we are losing weight, we do a great job until we hit a wall and then we start eating ice cream or cookies, and we have hit the wall. Right now I am at my study wall. I need to turn off the TV and open the book. I only have two more chapters to finish, and it really won't take me long and then I will be done for the summer. But here i sit watching a special on TV about kodiak bears. Haha, I am lame. But it is so interesting!!
No comments:
Post a Comment