Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I have awesome children.  They have all made sure to call me or contact me today to wish me a happy day.  I had a wonderful chat with Amber.  She is very funny.  I don't talk with her often enough.

I went to work today with the hope that maybe my paycheck would be ready early in the morning, and I could go shopping.  No such luck.  But then I got to go to the DMV.  Imagine going to the DMV on your birthday.  But in California, drivers licenses expire on your birthday.  And, apparently, the picture has to be retaken every 15 years.  I love my driver's license picture.  It is like a glamour photos, so I am sad that it had to be replaced.  I got as dolled up as I could, but it is very difficult to make yourself look 15 years younger.  Not only that, the lighting probably isn't nearly as good as it was 15 years ago.  Sad, sad, sad.  But I am good to go for the next 15 years.

Then my wonderful husband took me out to lunch.  We had Buca.  Yummmmmm.  Then I shopped at the mall and then at Costco.  I am home, and exhausted, but I have a few more gift certificates that I got for my birthday that I might go redeem at the mall.  Possibly.

I am 46 this year.  I have never really felt old, but I think this past year as given me a little reality check.  In my 30s, I could turn heads.  Not that I was gorgeous, but I wasn't ugly.  I think now, though, I have jointed the ranks of the older generation.  Oh well.  It's ok, I have 10 grandchildren either born or in the oven, so it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment