Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Summer Break

Oh, halla-freakin-lujah!  The hardest 8 months of my life are over.  Had I known how difficult this year of pharmacy school would be, I wouldn't have done it.  I would have said I was too old and not strong enough.  I would have gone to law school and been done with that!  But here I sit, done with the second year.  AND I FEEL AWESOME! 

I did not know apparently that I would be strong enough to get up consistently at 3 am to study.  I didn't know that I would be so full of energy and life that I would be able to work from midnight to midnight on just one caffeine pill.  I didn't know that I would feel like an expert on so many levels after this year.  I didn't realize that I could gather a class together and lead them through a difficult and abusive situation with a faculty member.

But now I know.  I know I am stronger than I thought possible.  I know that I made the right decision about pharmacy school.  I know that I care enough about people and my future patients to continue on this rough but incredible adventure.  I am having so much fun that it seems unfair to the rest of the world that I get to do what I am doing. 

So I have been  out of school technically since last Tuesday (8 days ago).  However, on Thursday and Friday I attended a school event for student counsel, so really I didn't get out of school until Friday.  I kept the thoughts of school at bay and didn't do anything, relishing my break.  Until yesterday, when I just couldn't stand it.  I pulled out a syllabus for the Fall semester.  I am ready to make a drug chart! I lasted 3 days =)

No comments:

Post a Comment