Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ah, Texas!

It's been like a week since I wrote anything.  I must say, though, it has been a very fun week.  I got to go to Austin Texas for a family reunion.  My dad has 9 kids.  Of the 9 kids, 4 of us showed up.  But we had a super duper time.  We went to a water park, and we floated down the river, and we saw swarms of bats, and we walked in downtown Austin at night and heard all sorts of music.  The food was delicious, the company was even better.  I really have to work hard to beat that since it will be my turn in 4 years.  My brother, Scott, is pretty freakin' cool.  He made me feel like a million bucks.  He told me every day, several times a day, how glad he was that I was there.  When we would go places, he wanted me to sit in the front with him, and he wanted to walk by me and he wanted to ride the rides with me.  Oh, and we also went and saw the movie "Inception."  (good movie)

Since I got home, I have been cleaning like a maniac.  So so so much to do to get ready for Clayton's homecoming.  I would love to hire some type of live musician for Saturday's party.  Scott had a live musician come in and play guitar.  It was so awesome!

My thoughts on Texas. . . Texas is a Republic.  For some reason, that means that if they get tired of being part of the United States of America, they can just break off.  I am not sure how they accomplished this feat, but I think it is pretty snazzy.  What is even more exciting is that I am a citizen of Texas.  I was born in San Antonio.  So, if I need to leave the US, I have a home country to go to.  Now I have to start looking for land to buy and put a trailer on it so I can have a homestead there.  One never can be too prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment