Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The temple

I am very excited I get to go to the temple this morning.  Ever since we have had a temple in our city, my desire has been to go every week.  Unfortunately, I don't usually get there every week.  I would probably say my average last year was 2 times a month, and this year, I will be lucky if my average is one time a month.  No excuses.

But I will tell you that the temple is the best place in the world if you want to have a positive outlook on life.  I am not even sure what it is that causes that feelings.  Every time I walk out of the temple after doing work there, I feel like I am walking on sunshine.  I want to sing and I want to call all my friends on the phone and tell them hi.  I pray prayers of gratitude all the way home in my car.  It is amazing.  I wish I could go every day.

I am saving up a bunch of names to go to the Orlando temple and have them sealed.  I have about 410 cards for sealings.  I have been working on the family history for Paul's mother.  I have had some amazing experiences with these people.  I "stumbled" upon 1500 names in one particular family.  It is 5-6 generations with ages, names, birthdates, occupations, residences, etc.  So I have been working for about 2 years to verify and submit the names.  It has been a true blessing in my family's life as I have continued in this project.  I have probably another 150-200 names left to submit.  Every Sunday morning I get up early and try to work for 1-3 hours on it.  When I am done. . . it's back to scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment