Saturday, June 26, 2010
Ew!
We went to dinner last night. I had suggested saving money and going to Wendy's for a quick burger and fries, but Paul wanted pizza. We have a great pizza place close to where we live. Chris joined us because Emily is out of town. We had great fun and good talk while we were eating. After we were done eating we each sat back with the satisfied full feeling that you get after a great meal. We were just chatting about life and the future, when Chris looks at the pizza, looks at me, looks back at the pizza, and asks, "What's that?" pointing. I reach over and pull a 4 inch, very black hair out of the pizza. Um. . . gross. Dad immediately starts his gag reflex, and I am pretty sure chunks are going to start flying. I tell Chris to move so dad can leave the table. Dad gets calmed down, while we try to get over what just happened. Chris keeps staring at the pizza, and I try to keep dad's mind off distracted. Pretty soon, Chris gets up, takes the pizza to the counter and comes back without it. Dad asks him if he asked them to box the left-over pizza to take home. He kind of chuckles, and says, "No." Waiting for the bill, Chris informs us that there were at least 4 other hairs in the pizza, and that he pointed them out to the owners. We got up to go pay, of course, there was no charge, even for the salad. The owners were mortified and fell all over themselves apologizing. So we got a free meal, and it was really good. The ride home was pretty quiet as we all contemplated how many hairs we had each individually ingested. . . ew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment