Sunday, August 30, 2015

A migraine in my teeth?

I graduated a couple of months ago.  It feels like I have had a headache every single day since then.  I have been attributing it to the release of stress from school.  But since it seems to be getting worse, I have had to do a little investigating.  In fact, it is getting so much worse, that my teeth hurt every day now.  My teeth hurt so much that my eyes throb.  This is a weird predicament.  Here are a few of the things I have been possibly blaming it on:

1)  Working at the computer all day.  I took out my contacts and went with glasses for a few days.  This almost resulted in divorce.  I became so crabby and unhappy at living this way that I finally put my contacts back in and thought I would be better off living with a migraine.  My head actually felt better when I put back in the contacts.

2)  Maybe the popcicles I am eating every night have aspartame.  I checked the box, no.  Whew!  Because I really didn't want to give them up.  Yay, win on that one.

3)  De-stressing from school, exams, etc.  I already explained that one, and surely that should go away by now.

4)  Stressing in my new job.  Um, no, I actually like my new job.  It is a good 9-5 job with very little stress.  I enjoy the people I work with.

5)  Money.  This is a possibility to look at down the road.

6)  Bell's Palsy.  Ha!  Nope, it didn't happen.  Good thing I didn't go to the doctor, right?  It was just a joke, but kind of a, he he, maybe kind of a joke.

7)  Diet.  So this is today's thought.  I went to the internet this morning because, yet again, I am in excruciating pain.  For lunch everyday I eat some random easy thing to fix like a sandwich or cottage cheese with fruit and a baggie of almonds.  Guess what!?!  Almonds and other nuts can trigger migraines.  Starting today, I am going to cut out almonds and see what this week brings.  Ugh.  I can only hope that this helps.  It is something new in my diet, so it fits the "temporal" category of when these headaches started.  You can see I have even already eaten almost half the 3 pound bag.

I hope, hope, hope, this is the root of this evil!

No comments:

Post a Comment