Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Commute

I've started commuting.  I am a regular 9-5'er.  I always try to leave early enough so that I am not stressed on the road.  I get to work a good 10-20 minutes early so there is no rush either looking for parking or getting into the building.  In fact, I have to clock in.  And the clock is unforgiving.  It doesn't round to the nearest hour.  I will lose money if I clock in late, and I will get paid overtime if I clock in early.  If I get overtime, I get in trouble.  So there is a new stress about time in my life.  

Anyway, something amazing has happened this week.  You know those stupid highway entrance lights that only let 1 car at a time enter the freeway during rush hour, even if traffic is fine?  Yeah, I hate them.  Well for the last 3 days, the light has been off!  It has given my life and extra boost at 7:04 in the morning.  I want to shout, yah!!! You go girl!  And then cruise on into the highway traffic (which there usually is none).  

Another thing about traffic...I don't understand why people who drive slow feel like it is ok to drive in the left lanes.  Don't parents teach their kids that slower drivers should be in the right lanes and faster drivers in the left?  I think we need to do an ad campaign to set the record straight about driving.  Not that I am getting road rage or anything like that, but seriously, I do more passing on the right lately!  If you are in the left lane, and you have a big space between you and the car in front of you and there is a car close up behind you....SCOOT OVER TO THE RIGHT LANE!!!!

OK, I am done.  


No comments:

Post a Comment