Wednesday, July 8, 2015

My new friend, Lewie

As you know I have started a new career.  I am having the most wonderful time of my life in this new career.  One of the greatest aspects of going back to school is to feel young again.  I get to spend most of my days with younger people.  This is why I changed the title to my blog.  It's not that I want to be 30 again.  It isn't that I think I am 30 again.  It isn't that I behave 30 again.  It is that I don't feel old.  I don't feel tired.  I don't feel sick.

Anyway...this week I am at training for my new job down in Oakland.  I have a co-resident.  His name is Lewie.  He is young.  I don't know his age, but he is about the age of everyone else in the room except me.  He could be one of my children.  In our training, we sit in a large room with all the other residents from Northern California.  We also do lots of interaction with each other.  I get that I am older, so I am very careful to make sure that I do not force myself upon anyone.  I sit down first so that if people don't want to sit next to me, they can steer clear.  What I have found to be the most Christ-like genuine friendship, is that Lewie has always sat next to me, always picked me to be his partner, always talked to me, and always made sure I was invited into conversations or out to dinner, etc.  I couldn't have even dreamed that I would be treated so nicely.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't think I would be treated poorly.  I just figured I would be on my own.  I am not.  I have a new friend, my co-resident, Lewie.  And, I thank my Heavenly Father for someone so kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment