I am getting to the end of the challenge. Frankly, it has been very long and quite difficult to maintain. As any excuse will do, I won't even begin to enumerate them. I am a little saddened by the fact that it was difficult. I wanted the experience to be completely uplifting and easy. However, I am realistic enough to know that nothing is easy. It takes work and dedication. I am not giving up.
Today is the 4th of July. In looking at both my ancestors and Paul's ancestors, I notice that we both have grandparents with the name of George Washington as a first and middle name. Paul's Great-great grandfather George Washington Wiggins was born in 1822 and died in 1923. My Great-great grandfather George Washing Taggart (Pvt) was born in 1816 and died in 1893. The little that I know about my relative is that he fought in the Mormon Battalion. His father's name was Washington Taggart, and his father's name was Lieutinenant James Taggart. This makes me think, maybe he fought in the revolutionary war.
I actually stepped aside and found some interesting history about this Taggart line. James Taggart (Lieutenant) fought in the Revolutionary War as did two of George's great-grandfathers, John Taggart (Captain) and William McNee.(1)John Taggart also fought in the French and Indian War. I ended up actually printing up an entire history of George Washington Taggart. It will be interesting family history reading tonight while I go to bed.
Happy 4th of July! May you all remain patriotic!
No comments:
Post a Comment