I am doing a 24 hour urine collection. I started this morning. For men, they just give you a jug and you just pee in the jug. For women, it is a two step process, since hitting the top of the jug might be difficult, they give you cups to pee in that can be transferred to the jug. No problem, right? Well, except the cups are tiny little Dixie cups. I knew when I first got them out that they would be too small, and I would need at least 3 of them if not more. First of all, I have to respond quickly when I have to "go." I have to do it right then or I might have an accident.
I get settled in and have one cup to the ready in my right hand, two in my left hand, and the jug in front of me on the floor, thinking I could handle the situation. The pee starts flowing, first cup full, I attempt to stop the flow. CRAP! I can't stop it enough, and a quick change to the second cup is awkward due to the limited space. As I try to maneuver the second cup under the first to not lose anything, the first one tips, and small amounts of urine are lost to the toilet. Three cups and running urine all in one small area just is not working. As the second cup begins to fill, the third cup is getting a little because I never had a chance to put it down. I am trying to still move the first cup out of the way, desperately, I get pee on my hands, spill it on my leg, on my dress, and on the floor. Still peeing along the way, I am trying to get the largest sample possible.
I failed my first urine test. I totally forgot to wipe too. Next time I will use the big 16 ounce red plastic cups that I have in my kitchen. What a disaster!
No comments:
Post a Comment