Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

It started out pretty rough.  Paul was sick with a fever going up and down.  The transplant people were concerned and actually wanted him to go to the emergency room.  My plans for 6 Flags slowly went down the drain.  Saddened, we went to the doctor where they gave Paul a giant shot.  The doctor assured me that he would be OK if I left for the day.  At Paul's insistence I went ahead with my trip to 6 Flags.  What fun!  I got to ride the roller coaster (the Cobra) with Adam and Caleb (well Caleb went with his mom, but we were in line together).  I got to hold Levi lots, to the point of him throwing up on me.  I got to have great conversations with Kyle and Christina. 

I am pretty sure Levi called me Grandma.  I think that would be the best birthday gift I could get.  We were watching the dolphin show.  I don't recall that he even noticed there were dolphins last time we went, but this time, he looked at me and commented, "eh?" everytime the dolphins jumped.  He would even puts his hands up like, "what is this?"  He enjoyed the whole show.  Toward the end he was standing (yes, standing) on his mom's lap watching the show.  He called over to me "grandma" as if to make sure that I was watching.  It was pretty awesome. 

Poor little Adam got sick and threw up 4 times before we got back to the car to go home.  He said during his 2nd episode, "I hate this, it is disgusting."  I would have to agree.  Pretty gross.

On the way home Caleb said, "Hey Grandma, I thought today was your birthday."  I told him that yes, today was my birthday.  Then he proceeded to ask about my presents.  There were no presents, but I could see this would confuse him, so I told him the presents were at my house.  He thought for a second and then asked, "When we get to your house, can I open one of your presents?"  Aw, what a cutie.

My friend, Jill, made me a giant chocolate cake with Reece's Peanut Butter cups cut up on top.  It was wonderful.  I had it in place of a couple of meals.

I had a great birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment