Wednesday, March 16, 2011

update on my progress

I have been sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear from the pharmacy school about whether I got in or not.  If I don't get in, I will probably spend a day in my room crying.  If I do get in, it will put me and Paul into panic mode and we try to get $40,000 accumulated by July 1 for the first year's tuition.  Man, oh Man! But I just keep plugging along in my studies.  I have 3 tests this week.  As I write, though, two of them are done.  Woo hoo!  I took the hardest test in my life on Monday, in the hardest class of my life. . . Organic Chemistry.  I consider myself relatively intelligent.  In fact, a little smarter than the average population.  Why, then, aren't the rest of the people in the class appearing to have the psyche damage that I am having over this class?!?!  Aren't they struggling as much as me?  This stuff isn't clear.  I spend hours and hours on it at home, memorizing pKa values and mechanisms.  I dream about electrons being pushed around.  Still, I feel a little befuddled every time the teacher talks.  Anyway, I will get the test back today, probably.  I'll post the results.  I took a physics test this morning.  I like physics in that it is like a giant puzzle of numbers and variables and we have to fit them all together to get one result, some beautiful picture.  Last night I was stressing and stayed up pretty late.  Then I prayed hard this morning, still feeling a little unprepared.  The Lord answered my prayers.  Every question on the test I had studied the night before.  SLAM DUNK!  (I better be careful, if I am too cocky, I might just slam flunk it).  Tomorrow is the big one.  I will finish my physiology online class.  Very interesting.  This class kind of made me want to be a doctor.  I am such a prude though.  When I was studying about reproduction, I was embarrassed about the photos in the book and I put a piece of paper over them or my hand, or whatever, so that I didn't have to see those pictures in my peripheral vision.  What a weenie I am!

I have gained about 8 pounds since Paul's health issues started.  RRRRGGGG.  I take off 4 every so often and then just pack them back on by going out to dinner several nights in a row.  BUT the good news is that we have a surgery date for the transplant, May 20.  Right after school lets out.  I have jury duty that week, but hey, I am pretty sure I can get out of that one, since I am the primary care giver. Back to the stupid weight. . . I think I need a brain transplant on this one.  Why the heck can't I just stop eating extra food?  Its like I finish a homework problem--gotta eat; answer an email--gotta eat;  finish dinner -- gotta have dessert; talk on the phone -- gotta eat; go to the bathroom -- gotta eat.  Freak, that I am, I will bemoan my chubby existence at the same time as chewing up a candy bar.  You would think. . . . but I don't.

My house is messy.  No further discussion on that.

I think I am going through menopause.  I think it started last Sunday.  I'll keep you posted on that one.  By the way, I read that if you have really bad hot flashes in the beginning of your menopause that you are less likely to develop cardiac problems later.  Interesting?  Only if you are my age and getting ready to go through the change.

Children and grandchildren.  They are the most awesome of all the things in my world.  Wish I was a better communicator.  I love my kids and their kids.

OH, now this is just getting long.  Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment