Friday, March 25, 2011

Needing a Break?

I am studying.  Of course.  So I need  break.  None of my favorite bloggers have written in the last couple of days.  So I will write about something utterly fascinating.

I have fruit fly larvae beside my bed.  Hey now, don't be judging!  I have 4 jars of the little buggers.  They are my genetics project for my Cellular and Molecular Biology class.  We are breeding them to see what happens in the second generation.  So when I wake up each morning this weekend, several times throughout the day, and every evening, I have to examine each of the jars.  When one of the little guys is born, I have to mark the date and time on the jar.

Occasionally in my lifetime, I have had the experience of fly larvae, like in my outside trash can.  It is quite possibly one of the most disgusting things that can be observed.  However, I feel differently about these little wormy things.  They are like my little babies.  They are going to open a world of new learning and discovery for me.  So I get out my reading glasses and examine the jars dutifully.  I look forward to the moment one of them turns into a fly.

Facsinating.  I bet you are glad you took a break to check out all your favorite blogs, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment