Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Don't get to go see my dad.

I have a trip planned.  I have been looking forward for 3 months to this trip.  I was going to go see my dad.  We were going to spend 5 days together just hanging out.  I booked my flight and have been anxious for my vacation to begin in 2 days.  But my dad called me today.  He isn't going to be able to make it because his doctor won't clear him to travel.  This makes me sad.  I specifically arranged this trip because I could not make the family reunion in about 1 month. 

So I dutifully contacted Delta to cancel my flight.  I had used 15,000 miles to purchase this ticket.  They refunded me my taxes, but I had to pay $150 to get my 15,000 miles back.  That was almost the cost of the ticket without miles in the first place.  I went ahead and paid, because I think you have to spend $15,000 on their credit card to get 15,000 miles, so it was a good deal for the miles.  But in the end, I paid $150 for a ticket that I didn't use and didn't get any extra miles or anything.  Somehow I feel scammed.  Rrrg.


No comments:

Post a Comment