Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Transformed in Sacrament Meeting

We went to BYU education week a couple of weeks ago.  It was my first time.  I cannot even begin to describe how much it changed my life!  Every day was filled with exciting new information that I can use to change my life.  I have come home energized and re-committed to change my life and how I take advantage of the gospel.

One particular class has particularly changed my Sundays.  It was titled "Transforming your Life - Making the Most of Sacrament Meeting."  I wanted to go to this class because the church has been focused on our Sabbath observance.  The class gave tools to help you change how you approach the Sabbath, and what to do to prepare for, partake in, and then ponder after church services.  I have shared the fundamentals of the class with a few of my friends, and they too have been thrilled with the results.

I would like to share a tender mercy from the Lord that happened this last Sunday.  I took notes in sacrament meeting and wrote down a particular scripture reference quoted.  When I got home, I was sharing my experience with Paul, my husband.  We went through all the talks and were looking up the scriptures and talks that were referenced.  When we got to a particular scripture, I read it out loud, and Paul and I both looked at each other incredulously, because it was exactly what I had been praying to understand/know.  Then just a second later, I realized that I read the wrong scripture.  I had actually read the scripture just BEFORE the referenced scripture.  I love how the Spirit does that!  It reminds me that I am known and loved by my Heavenly Parents.

This has happened to me the in past.  Particular scriptures have reached out to me and answered pleas and prayers.  Sometimes it has happened in a dramatic situation, and sometimes, it has happened in a small quiet moment like this Sunday.


This is us.  We didn't have anyone around to take a picture of both of us.  This was day 2 when we went to the Marriott Center for Tuesday's devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment