Our church is doing 25 days of service this year. I think it is an amazing idea. I have all sorts of plans to serve everyone. ..... Then December 1 arrived and all I could do was come home, scrounge around in my refrigerator, end up going to Taco Bell, and watch TV for a while. After that I was able to babysit the grandkids for a couple of hours. While they were there, we had the best time sorting through some Christmas gifts for the aunts and uncles. I looked back on the day and realized that I did get to serve by teaching my grandchildren a little about giving. I also got to hold one of my youngest grandchildren on my chest while she slept. She was sick and never lets anyone hold her while she sleeps. She was adorable, but a sad case of cough and sniffles and drool. I hope my service last night was acceptable. It wasn't to a stranger, but it was to my family.
Another group of my grandkids brought in people's garbage cans. I thought I might do that this morning. The problem is that I wasn't sure where to bring them. If I brought them to the front of their garage, it might have made more work for them. If I brought it to the side of their house, they may not have liked me lingering beside there house. So I didn't do that. Tomorrow's post will reveal what Day 2's service was.....
No comments:
Post a Comment