It's obvious I missed a few days here.
I am actually giving a lesson today in Relief Society about being "no less serviceable." It is kind of a funny title. I am going to talk about the fact that no matter how much you are recognized for your service, does nothing to increase or decrease the amount of service you give. For example, I donated a kidney 5 years ago. Sometimes, I see in the news about someone donating a kidney to someone. And it makes the news! Wait a minute, I donated a kidney. I saved a life! How come....there isn't a news story about me? But then I have to bring myself back down and remember that my service is no less serviceable than the person who got accolades. And what am I actually looking for? I also need to remind myself that there are thousands of people every day who are serving me and others. For example, there are people who are working in the grocery store who would rather be somewhere else. They may have back or leg pain that is nearly unbearable, but there they are, serving me. If they weren't there, I would not be able to have the things I need. I also look back to those primary choristers. I have no idea their names. They taught me the primary songs. Those little nuggets of gospel truths that hid inside my soul for years while I was inactive, keeping me tied to the Savior. Without those little bits of truth taught to me years ago, how could I have ever known the beauty of God's love?! Thank you, you unsung heroes. Or, who really did teach and baptize my early ancestors the gospel? I haven't a clue. They don't know me, but oh, how they have affected my life. They were no less serviceable than many of the early "famous" LDS saints.
It has been a whirlwind month so far. My Christmas shopping is almost done. I have enjoyed shopping this year because we saved up plenty of money. We have a new home, and we decorated it so beautifully. But it is also a quiet year this year. Paul is sick. He is tired. He is recovering from a serious blood infection. We worry about his health. We turn to the Savior for comfort and find peace and joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment