Saturday, December 29, 2018

How did I do?? A year's review.

Last January 1, I listed 10 goals for myself.  I am excited for a new year to make new goals, but before I do, let's see how well I accomplished last year's goals.

1)  Pray on my knees twice daily.  This I accomplished probably 90% of the time.  I got a little lax in December with my night time prayers, ending up praying in bed sitting up.  So, still more work to do here.

2)  Keep the Sabbath more fervently.  I am very happy with my progress here.  I can say that I have transformed my Sabbath into a more spiritual experience.  There was one Sunday (the 1 year anniversary of Paul's death) that I didn't do this, but almost every other Sunday was good.  My growth in this area will be to start doing more good on the Sabbath.

3)  Read the Book of Mormon daily.  I might have missed 2 days, but that is it.  Wow, it has been wonderful.  I finished the book twice.  President Nelson's challenge really changed the way I read.  I started every day reading.  I love this book for sure!

4) Read one book for spiritual growth each month.  HMMM.  I think I read 2 books.  So, no.  I didn't even come close to this one.

5)  Study and pass BCOP.  I did a lot for this.  However, I do not feel that I am ready for this.  I didn't sign up for the exam.  I doubt I will sign up for the May exam either.  I will have to revisit this goal.

6)  Pay off credit card and 1/2 of IRS.  Well, I certainly am out of credit card debt, accomplishing that part of this goal early in March.  I consistently paid the IRS but didn't pay extra.  I probably only paid of 1/5 of that.  So this goal will be revisited this year.

7)  Eat less junk food and more vegetables.  Yes.  A goal I achieved and have enjoyed.  I lost 30 pounds this year and love eating good and healthy food.  I crave vegetables and salad.  I also started doing yoga which took care of my back pain.  I love being healthy.

8)  Empty storage unit by Thanksgiving.  Not done.  This has been a mental hardship on me all year.  I haven't even removed Paul's clothes from my home, let alone go to the storage unit....Enough said.

9)  Go to the movies twice a month.  I think on average I met this goal.  This was a fun and silly goal, but I think it was good for me to make sure that I don't just shut myself up in my home and do nothing.  I have had fun going to the movies with my kids and grandkids.  I already purchased a lot of movie vouchers for this year too!

10) Review progress on goals weekly.  I did this probably about 50% of the time.  It might just need to be done only monthly.  I will also make this my 10th goal every year.  It is good to review your goals and adjust where adjustment is needed.  I copy and pasted my goals onto my calendar to come up every Sunday evening.  That way I was reminded each week.

To sum it up.  I did great.  I didn't accomplish everything, but I grew and did A LOT.  I am pleased with my efforts.  I am still in the throws of mourning my previous life, but I can and will survive and come out on top.  My testimony has grown, my life is happy, I have found new skills and new friends.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment