I never really thought I was a picky eater. I knew that I didn't like strawberries and tomatoes. I just didn't realize that there was a TON of things I don't really like to eat. I began to realize this as I begin going out to eat with my friends in school and then work. I really don't like ANY berries. I only like American food. I don't like Thai or Sushi. Chinese food is only good if it is from Panda Express. But I don't want to be so picky that people don't want to go to a restaurant with me. So I am always determined just to find SOMETHING on the menu that I can eat. About 1 year ago, I was in San Francisco with a bunch of other residents. They decided to go to eat at a Korean restaurant. They asked me if that would be ok. I agreed, knowing that I can always find something, even if it is just rice. When we sat down and they handed me the menu, I struggled to keep from crying. There was NOTHING there that I thought I could eat. I put the menu down and discreetly took a picture to send to my husband. I tried to be funny because I was in a pickle for sure! I ended up ordering a chicken wing thing. When it arrived, it was so spicy that it actually burned my nostrils. No way could I even eat it. So I asked for a piece of bread. I happened to notice that on other peoples' plates they got bread. The waiter informed me that it would cost extra. I didn't care. I was starving at this point, and needed some sustenance. In the meantime, everyone else was chowing down on their favorite Korean delights. Most of the people at the table ordered bone marrow. Ugh. Gross. Disgusting. Here is a picture for your enjoyment or disgust! (notice the bread) It's a freakin' femur! Ugh, t-cells, b-cells, nasty, ew....

No comments:
Post a Comment