Friday, August 12, 2016

Middle of the Night

It is 3:54 am.  And I am awake.  Not necessarily happy about that.   I woke up to the olympics playing on the TV.  An American girl (16yo) tied for first place in a swimming event.  It was such a crazy event that the TV blared about it for a while.  It was pretty incredible to watch.  The problem is, now that I am all jazzed up about her tying for first, I cannot get back to my "happy state" and fall back asleep.

So here we are, together in my blog.  I will write about the things in my heart. Every morning I say my prayers and thank my Heavenly Father for the things I get to do.  In fact, I actually get to work a little early, and I spend a few (3-5) minutes in my car just contemplating the day.  My prayers are not only full of thanksgiving.  I pray every day to be clear minded and to be able to learn quickly.  I also pray that I won't make mistakes and that I will catch others' mistakes.  This is important in my world of chemotherapy.  Then I pray for my family.

Oh, I love my family.  I miss being with my kids.  They have all gotten married and have kids of their own.  A few of them have moved quite a distance.  I have not been attentive to those who even live close though, either.  No excuses (though I have them).  I am changing that though.  I am beginning to make the effort to reach back out to them and let them know I will be there for them and that I love them.  In short order, things will be right.

Sorry you had to hear my middle of the night ramblings....I am going to try and go back to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment