I love reading other people's blogs. It is so exciting when someone updates. Then I go to my page. I write a paragraph and decide it is too boring and erase the whole thing. Well, blogs are not a thing of the past. There are some amazing stories out there that should be shared. There are good times and bad times that can be great inspiration to others.
I am just in the last leg of pharmacy school. Who knew that an old lady with 16 grandkids could get her doctorate degree?!?! Right? It is crazy. Sometimes I stop to reflect and think that I am really crazy to even dare to go into debt ($175,000) for it. Other times I think that I am having the time of my life. I love every single minute of this learning and participating in people's lives. How could I possibly NOT do this.
Every day I wake up completely exhausted from the day before, but energized by the activities and excitement of the new day. I figure there will be a day, somewhere in the future, when I can nap. Every time I feel like I have just finished a project, I look down and realize that my list of assignments and projects is just as long as it was before.
Last week I hit a milestone. I was so excited. After months of hard work pursuing a residency, I was rewarded with a match. I felt like I was walking on cloud 9. I took the whole weekend off and just relished in the accomplishment. It felt like I was jumping on a trampoline, and I had really hit the big one. I was flying high in the air after hitting the trampoline just right. Then Monday morning, when I looked down, the trampoline was gone....I had forgotten to turn in an assignment (big fat zero on that one) and forgotten to send some vital information to my preceptor that I had promised over the weekend. Lesson learned....just because you accomplished something doesn't mean you are done. Just keep on, keepin' on.
I'll post more, if others post more. Deal??
No comments:
Post a Comment