Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Joy in our posterity

Yesterday, we all got together as a family.  All of our children were there.  Most of their spouses were there.  Many of our grandchildren were there.  When I walked in the door, I saw four little girls, all under the age of 6 months old, laying on the floor.  It was quite a precious site.  Other children were standing in the room discussing with their parents, who were all sitting on the couch or floor round about.  It was amazing.  There was no contention.  There was laughter.  There were smiles and sweet comments.  Discussions about daily life were taking place.  I quickly thought to myself, "this must be what heaven is like."  I sat and soaked in the feeling and emotion of the moment. 
Of course, every get together isn't like the one last night.  Sometimes there are "issues."  But all of this spurred on a conversation between me and my husband on our way home last night.  We talked about how wonderful it was to have so many great children.  At the same time, though, I really kind of feel like 7 is a small number of children.  Both of us agreed that we would have even loved to have 7+ more kids.  We had so much fun being part of the lives of our children.  Every age they attained was a new adventure with new and improved personalities.  AND, sharing their lives as adults is, again, a new adventure totally worth having! We then concurred that surely, this must be one of the most rewarding of all activities throughout the eternities. 

Disclaimer:  This blog is not written in any way to encourage/discourage/judge anyone regarding their choice on how many children to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment