Ha! The title was just to make you want me to comment about hippos again. I have read 3 novels recently and became extremely bored after I finished the last one. With nothing left to do, I hopped on the internet, reading all news, all facebook posts, all anything I could find. Wandering around I happened upon the National Geographic site. And of course, that took me to videos on hippos. I won't bore you with the gory details, but yes, they are still the most dangerous animals out there.
But back to the real reason for the post. . .Standing on your feet all day results in a frantic search to find shoes that won't make your feet and the bottom of your legs ache by the end of the day. I have several pairs of very nice shoes that don't hurt my feet, Dansco, Merrill, Born, Tom's, etc. Still, by the end of the day, just the sheer weight of my body resulted in pain on the lower extremities. Paul came home one day with some Red Krocs. Red because of the Target colors of Red and khaki. I smiled at him sweetly, thanked him profusely, and set the shoes in the back of the closet only to be used when I took out the trash and needed to slip something on. Everyday he asked me if I was going to wear the Krocs that day. I made excuse after excuse, until I finally had to fess up and tell him they looked like clown shoes to me. They are huge, wide, comedic looking. I finally conceded to wear them one day. I figured it was a short day, and it was after a holiday so there wouldn't be too many customers. When I got the the pharmacy I apologized to my boss for such funny looking shoes. It was totally embarrassing. Every time I went out into the aisle to help someone they commented on how cute my shoes were. Cute! Yeah, right, I know they really meant "wow, those are SOME shoes." But, miraculously, there was absolutely NO leg pain, foot pain, or fatigue in my back after wearing these shoes. I have worn them now for 3 full work days. It is AMAZING! That whole "better to look good than to feel good" phrase just doesn't hold water. Yes, I look like a clown now, but I am certainly a happy clown. Go Krocs! Yes, Paul gets all the credit on this one.
Would they look any better if they were black? Probably not, but worth a try!
ReplyDeleteOOOOO, maybe
ReplyDelete