Sunday, February 27, 2011

Family get togethers

I might try to add a photo or two.  But it might not work.  Anyway, I must say that I love my family.  We have been blessed to have 4 complete family get togethers in the last 6 months.  Everyone has made the effort to come to whatever function might be happening (even if one of them is the near death of dad).  We have fun times (playing "Oh HeII" which I always lose), we have scary times (particularly the whale watching experience and the truck tipping over thingy on this last trip), and we have moving times (Grandpa Eddie talking with everyone).  Everytime we get together though, I am reminded of how much we really belong together.  I wish the family I grew up with had the same type of bonds that my kids do.

I occasionally email with my brothers, but we don't get together EVER.  In fact, I don't even email some of them.  I have a brother who got divorced in the last year.  I called and left him a message once.  That is it.  Neither of us has taken the time to contact the other and let each other know that we love each other.  In fact, before I finish writing this, I am going to email him (I don't know his phone number). OK, well it appears that I don't have his most current email address either.  I guess I am on a little bit of a hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment